Drawing Office Manager
£55,000 - £60,000 per year
I have a new vacancy for a leading steel manufacturer at their Darlington office for a Drawing Office Manager. Reporting directly to our Engineering Manager.
The main objective of the role will be to manage, provide, control and deliver drawing office services for steelwork production including bridges and structures projects and will involve collaborating with estimating, engineering, fabrication, quality and site departments.
As our Drawing Office Manager, you will be responsible for;
- Managing the CBUK team of Tekla technicians and external drawing offices. Manage and deliver the DO function using scheduling and drawing programmes to target key deliverable dates. In the case of external DO's, this will include compiling a brief, vendor review, managing the deliverables to required dates, checking all work and auditing of DO service suppliers. In addition, it will involve generating TQ's and GA drawings/detail model for approval submittals.
- Generating DO programmes and costs for all work and manage/monitor this to achieve the deliverable deadlines and targets.
- Generating 3D TEKLA models, either from scratch or importing from client BIM models, produce MTO's from the models, production of GA drawings, insertion of connection details to the TEKLA model for structures, generation of fabrication drawings and CN files to suit the works.
- Full BIM management as required, including leading, devising and enabling of BIM management system and rolling out the scheme within CBUK.
- Ensuring that all client requirements on BIM are included within the CBUK system and monitor compliance via audits.
- Working closely with the Production team to ensure that the drawings produced are compatible with CBUK CN machines and delivered to programme.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with all CBUK DO vendors and project teams, ensuring all interactions with customers demonstrate our culture of quality, professionalism and fairness.
- Collaborating with the Estimating team, at tender stage, to generate 3D TEKLA stick models, including production of MTO's and using this to confirm tonnage on project. Additionally, be responsible for providing a drawing programme, resource schedule and costs information for estimating to include within the tender as well as comparing the CBUK model with the client's and provide any tonnage difference feedback.
- Liaise with Estimating and Contract departments on any drawing requirements.
- Provide drawing office support to project management and site teams.
- Attend weekly operations meetings representing the drawing department.
- Represent drawing department at Project Handover meetings.
- Attend and contribute at the monthly departmental heads meetings.
- Be prepared to meet with client's team to discuss any project drawing /model related issues.
- Manage and monitor external Drawing Offices work, respond to queries, monitor deliverables and answer any queries in a timely manner. Ensure all deliverables are to programme.
- Checking of all internal and external drawing work to ensure it is of the required standard, quality, procedure and delivered to programme.
- Prepare, submit and record TQ's / RFI's to Client, Engineer & Architect for any drawing related queries.
- Co-ordinate all drawing related issues with third party suppliers, consultants' architects and sub-contractors.
- Prepare and circulate notes of any drawing related meetings with clients, internal and / or external DO's or consultants.
- Prepare, rollout and monitor CBUK BIM Policy and procedure.
- BIM Management of CBUK work.
- Prepare and provide monthly drawing office progress reports.
- Mentor and train junior draughtsmen for TEKLA modelling and drawing for both bridges and structures work.
If you feel you posses the right skills and experience to succeed in this challenging position then please contact Gary on 0161 839 5353 to discuss this role further.