Data Scientist - Surrey - 3-month contract initially - * SC CLEARANCE ESSENTIAL *
My Surrey based defence sector client is currently looking to recruit an SC Cleared Data Scientist for an initial 3 month contract.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrable experience providing client led analysis to support decision makers within either the public or private sectors, minimum experience 5 years.
- A passion for analysing data and the ability to provide insights and bring data to life through different presentation outputs
- Experience working with data lakes / data warehouses with a preference within AWS or alternatives such as Azure or Google Cloud.
- The ability to manipulate, sanitise and map large amounts of data.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modelling.
- Expert Excel user. Experience using at least one of: R, Python, SQL modelling, VBA or similar.
- An interest in machine learning / AI
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- The ability to think creatively to data science problems.
- Proactive, and exemplary attention to detail.
- The ability to work as part of a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to take complex data and make the output useable and understandable to the C-Suite
- Ability to have a pragmatic and innovative approach when there is a lack of data
- Consultancy soft skills, to enable building of great relationships with clients, facilitate workshops and influence outcomes
Please note, the role holder will either need to have, or be eligible to apply for, UK SC clearance.
The following skills and experiences are preferable:
- Experience within either Policing, Defence or Security.
- Experience building predictive models to support analysis requirements.
- Business intelligence reporting in Tableau or PowerBI (or similar tool).
- Experience of using collaborative software such as Skype, Confluence, Sococo etc.
As a data scientist within the Advisory team, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Designing project specific analysis, including generating and testing hypotheses with stakeholders.
- Collecting and documenting analysis requirements across multiple stakeholders.
- Undertaking data capture from numerous systems, including conducting data audits and sanitisations as required.
- Conducting mathematically sound analysis, using appropriate tools and techniques, all documented in a clear way.
- Reporting to clients through either written or verbal presentations.
If you have the above skills and experience click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks.