|Location: City of London, London||Salary: Up to £0.00 per annum|
|Sector: IT||Type: Contract|
|Contact: John Stead|
Data Analyst - London - 3 months initially
Experience of dealing with data in a number of different formats eg: XML, JSON, XSD? Strong analytical skills and able to understand the real-world situations the data represents??
If that sounds like you, read on!
My London based transport data analytics focused client is currently looking for at least one Data Analyst for an initial 3 month contract to come in to the business and analyse raw real time transport related data originating from various systems and working with system vendors and data owners to understand and document the data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze complex data sets from real time transport systems that is in various formats
- Liaise with system vendors and data owners to fully understand data content
- Document the raw data such that it becomes understandable
- Document the data in both human and machine-readable formats
- Enhance the data with additional information taken from alternative sources to give the data context and meaning
- Analysing the data to work out how to identify corrupted data and when source systems are faulty.
- Work with the Solution Architect to choose a suitable solution for describing data formats on the bespoke data marketplace
- Work with the Project Manager to optimize the integration of new data sources by applying expert knowledge in meetings with system vendors and data owners
Experience and Qualifications
- Suitable candidates will have at 2+ years' experience working in a data analysis role and be able to demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills, being able to understand the real-world situations the data represents
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of dealing with data in a number of different formats (eg: XML, JSON, XSD) and transportation schemas (TranseXchange, DATEX2, SIRI, etc).
- Good communication skills, the candidate will need to be able to work with a variety of different stakeholders with different background to be able to elicit information about the data.
- Strong numeracy skills, being able to interpret the data and draw conclusions about what it represents in the real world.
- Strong self-motivation, able to work out and follow an alternative approach when an approach doesn't yield results
- Advantage to have previous experience with the transport industry
- Desirable to have previous experience with a data analytics tool such as PowerBI
If you have the above skills and experience click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks.