Customer Order Expeditor
- Responding to customer emails regarding purchase order status updates. To achieve this the applicant must have an understanding of the job's current status in production and also be able to liaise with the Shop Floor Manager to determine a realistic promise date.
- Informing customers of potential late orders, giving the customer the maximum amount of notice to ensure they can structure the delay into their schedules.
- Monitor all promise dates that have been provided to customers and ensure they do not slip. This may involve contacting purchasing regarding late components. All members of the Production Team should be made aware of and understand the promise made to customers and work together to achieve them.
- Speak to customers on the telephone regarding status updates and any other queries they may have. This may involve diverting calls to other departments such as Sales or Engineering.
- Complete weekly customer open order report spreadsheets detailing realistic shipment dates and ensure dates are met
- Send Witness Inspection Notifications to customers to arrange inspections on site
- The applicant must be able to navigate Oliver's Syteline system and close operations and produce reports (training will be provided)
- Must be able to produce basic production schedules for customer order