Our client is currently looking for a Centre Lathe Turner/Roll Turner to join their busy team, our client manufacture parts for nuclear turnkey systems, mining, petrochemical sectors, they have also secured a contract to make aluminium flanges for a major outer space project.
They are looking for a time-served Centre Lathe Turner / Roll Turner to work within their busy workshop environment in Bury, Greater Manchester.
The successful applicant will be an exceptional roll turner and have many years' experience as a Centre Lathe Turner on conventional machines, between 3mtrs to 5 mtrs between centres.
you must be time-served with broad experience, able to work with minimum supervision to technical drawings using a wide range of materials, from mild steels through exotics.
Main Duties include:
- Meet production deadlines ensuring that the appropriate checks have been carried out and work to ISO9001 standard.
- Machine products to Technical Drawings to high standards/tolerances.
- Manage time and machines efficiently
- Work to machining tolerances ensuring that the completed component is checked against the required specifications.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Time served as a Manual Machinist and having at least 5 plus years of roll turning experience in a busy sub-contract environment.
- You will have a good understanding of the best tools for the job and speeds and feeds for different tools and manufacturing processes.
- Work under their own initiative, forward-thinking and proactive, tidy.
- Work well individually and with our team
- Fork Truck license beneficial.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Free parking
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Great working environment
- Salary £25700 - £27000
For more information please call 01618395353 or email your CV to Zoe@emp-sol.com