Employment Solutions are looking for a senior C# .NET Developer to join one of our clients in the Manchester area. Working as part of a team developing their own product, our client is building an enterprise level gaming platform and are looking to grow their team of experienced developers as their product continues to expand. Working alongside their developers at all levels with a wide variety of tech, you'll be helping them deliver a complex product into an interesting and challenging market.
Our client in Manchester city centre employs over 100 people with around half of them working on building their gambling platform. The project is well funded, and they have a long term vision for it with lots of opportunities in the future.
The expanding team has vacancies for .NET Developers to work on the backend .NET Services and Back Office tool. This will involve development of new features as well as enhancing existing ones.
Who we're looking for
- Commercial experience in .NET with C# on complex systems
- Experience with N-Tier architecture/SOA
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Demonstrable experience of building Web Services, WebAPI and WCF
- Database experience, schema design and SQL with MySQL
- NoSQL experience also beneficial, as is any knowledge of MS Orleans.
- Any history working with WinForms/WPF is extremely useful
- Expertise in performance optimization
- Experience of Unit and functional testing is important, not necessarily strict TDD.
- Source Control, must be confident using Git for all roles
- Experience working in an Agile or Kanban environment
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
- Experience taking ownership of a system or sub-system is an advantage
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving.
You will be responsible for implementing sections of functionality, or making updates to existing features, ensuring they are delivered on time with the correct approach and to the standards defined by the development leads.
Our client's tech stack includes some of the latest design patterns and tools as well as established tech that needs additional features building on. For example, SQL, NoSQL, caching services, messaging services, C# Windows Services, WebAPI, WCF, WPF, Winforms, Microsoft Orleans… all used to build a platform that has integration to internal and external services.
What we expect
We're looking for someone who wants to take the next step in their career moving to an enterprise scale platform. Just like anyone in Software Development you'll be hungry to learn, but you should already be familiar with working on commercial systems. Depending on your level we'd expect you to be aware of design patterns and principles appropriate to your experience and the systems you have worked on, and of course have an excellent grounding in C# OOP programming.
A keen attention to detail is a must and we want you to thoroughly test your work prior to it being handed over for the formal QA process.
You will sit within .NET middleware team reporting to the Development Manager.
.Net with C#, experience with N-Tier architecture/SOA, online gambling sector
- Monthly team lunches
- Referral bonus
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Health cash plan
- City Centre office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 consoles.