Assistant Buyer, Permanent position, Flexible working,
Fantastic opportunity to join a Company whose innovations power technology products are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing-improving productivity, enhancing people's lives and redefining what's possible.
If you are looking for a great place to work, this is the company for you
Primary Responsibilities Purchase order processing
* Purchase Orders: Raising routine purchase orders for production stock, R&D and ad hoc requirements via Sharepoint purchase request system, with a focus on best quality, price and delivery.
* Delivery assurance: Monitor and expedite order deliveries and report any supplier delivery issues.
* Assist finance department with customs clearance of incoming purchase orders. Data Maintenance
* Maintain Supplier and component database, including price and specification updates from suppliers to ensure data is consistently updated in real time.
* Maintain supplier database with latest contact details for supplier base.
* Assist with stock take routines: preparation for and participation in periodic stock takes.
* Management of supplier free issue goods for sub-contract assembly/finishing. Management of Supplier Returns
* Report and return faulty/rejected goods to supplier and liaise with supplier to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner (stock replacement, credit note or refund).
* Report supplier performance issues for quality performance tracking in regards to supplier approval status.
* Responsible for general administration tasks in regards to the purchasing function.
* Attendance with/in place of Senior Buyer for meetings as required.
* Any other tasks commensurate with the role. General tasks
* Strict compliance with the quality, occupational safety and environmental regulations.
* Implementation of the instructions of the quality / environmental management representative and the occupational safety specialist.
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies
* Previous purchasing and negotiation experience.
* International trade, Incoterms and customs compliance.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proven negotiation skills.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong analytical skills
* Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
* Initiative and ability to think on feet
* Good organisational skills
* Confidentiality, trust and integrity
* PC literate, including MRP software (Sage 200) and MS Office suite
If you would like futher information, please contact Samantha at Employment Solutions on 0161 839 5353, or email your CV to email@example.com