Area Sales Manager - South
Employment Solutions are currently working with one of the world's leading manufacturers of steel building structures. An opportunity has become available for an Area Sales Manager covering the South of England.
This is a brand-new region and the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and securing new clients and projects.
- Develop relationships with all potential clients (main contractors, sub-contractors' developers and architectural practices) in the region.
- Generate Sales turnover in line with target/budget set for geographical regions;
- Evaluate Quotations and follow up all projects to confirm win/lose status and reasons, whilst arranging meetings for further information for yourself and colleagues within other geographic regions.
- Ensure continued development, maintenance and management of the of the client base and products sold.
- Have a good awareness of and manage commercial responsibilities alongside design responsibilities and credit requirements in tandem with each discipline within the business.
- Work in conjunction with Technical Manager, Commercial Director & Directors to provide technical input required to service commercial issues with product portfolio;
- Ensure that the goals and objectives of the company are exceeded.
Duties & responsibilities
- Provide weekly sales call reports to Directors on activities, opportunities and progress reports on development of opportunities, new accounts and project updates;
- Present progress and area plan at monthly Sales Meetings
- Take responsibility for the deadlines set by both yourself and your Line Manager and demonstrate commitment to seeing works and deadlines achieved on time and in full;
- Keep the customer and other involved parties in all decision making where a risk or action may be required by external parties.
- Liaise between Commercial and Design teams offering advice and guidance in a technical capacity.
- Good Sales track record with relationships, or ability to create, at Director level in Main Contractor businesses
- 3+ years of Light steel frame experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, and strong drive for results. Display strength of character and determination not to be distracted from achieving team goals;
- Be aware of the requirement to work as part of a team. Adopt a flexible approach to workload whilst demonstrating a willingness to take on additional work.