AI Software Engineer - Leeds based - Permanent - Excellent salary & benefits package
My client is a successful and ambitious company built around an excellent engineering team involved in the design, development and manufacture of rugged electronics devices and software for use in Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance.
They have offices throughout the UK and employs around 80 people. They also have teams around the world supporting its clients to use its leading-edge technology.
They now have a requirement for an AI Software Engineer to join their Software Team to work on their innovative projects.
The AI Software Engineer holds a key role in the company, reporting to the Head of software.
Due to the nature of the role, the AI Software Engineer will need to have a strong background in Microsoft / Linux development using a variety of languages including C++, C#, Python on GStreamer platforms. Previous experience developing Artificial Intelligence / deep learning solutions would be a distinct advantage
The individual will support the development of the company's products include niche telecommunications and electro-optics, which are used in a range of environments. You will be expected to work with engineering and sales functions to support my clients specialist products being used across its worldwide customer base.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- * Implementation of AI and Machine Learning algorithms
- * Greenfield development of analytical software utilising the G-Streamer software environment.
- * Involvement in all aspects of the software lifecycle from software design and implementation, to test verification, deployment and support.
- * Ensuring strict version control of software developed throughout the software lifecycle.
- * Following the process of peer reviews, unit testing and automated testing.
- * Supporting system integration and Evaluation team
- * Contributing to planning and estimation and working with project managers to ensure the delivery of software to an agreed schedule.
- * Participating in other business processes (e.g. specification reviews, project milestones, lesson learnt, etc.).
- A passion for technology and engineering.
- An ability to learn quickly and a desire to contribute in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to work both in a team and by themselves.
Skills & Qualifications;
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject.
- 3+ years commercial software development experience using C, C++, Python
- AI / deep learning software development
- Machine Learning Algorithm Development
- Competency in source control management (Git and SVN).
- Experience developing embedded solutions, preferably linux based
- DIGITS nvidia deep Learning ecosystem
- Experience developing Android and/or IOS mobile applications.
- Experience of working with 3rd party software developers.
- Strong background developing and debugging web or clientserver/desktop applications.
- Agile Development
- Agile experience.
- Attention to detail
- Decision making
- Team approach
- Self-motivation & resilience
If you have the above skills and experience click apply now, alternately send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - Thanks.