3rd Line Engineer - Greater Manchester - Permanent
Our Greater Manchester based IT infrastructure consultancy client is currently looking to recruit a 2nd Line Support Engineer.
You will maintain all IT Systems to a high standard ensuring operational availability and to respond effectively to all help-desk requests. Further Training provided!
- Resolve remote/on site problems with computer & network devices, CCTV systems & intruder systems
- Provide a high standard of 3nd line support by owning, managing and resolving 3rd line incidents in line with our SLA's
- Acting as a technical lead in a major incident or priority 1 situations
- Troubleshooting complexed server/desktop issues
- Administration of MS 365
- Administration of MS technologies including Active Directory, Group Policy and Office applications.
- Support for Virtualization products including VMWare & Hyper-V
- Troubleshooting/Installation of switches, routers, firewalls and wireless systems
- Working closely with the Technical Architects for onboarding & design
- Identifying opportunities for improvement both technical and in process
- Liaising with external parties where necessary
- Excellent communication with clients
- On call duties (extra pay)
- Client focused
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 10, Windows Server & MS Office
- Excellent knowledge of switches, routers & firewalls (VLAN, NAT, VPN, Proxies)
- WISP experience would be advantageous (Ubiquiti)
- Excellent understanding of MS 365 & related technologies including exchange online, Azure AD (joined/hybrid), conditional access, Azure DLP & Information Protection, Intune.
- Excellent knowledge of Hyper V and VMWare
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Good knowledge of CCTV, Intruder & Cloud PBX systems would be advantageous but full training will be given
- Excellent customer service skills
- Maintaining awareness of new and emerging technologies
- Working in a support role in a busy environment
- Experience of working in a 3st line role, for an MSP would be preferred.
- Full clean driving license
Salary / Hourly Rate: up to £35k (circa £14.96 per hour - PAYE)
Permanent following initial Temp period, click apply now.